Friday, March 27, 2009

japan does it again

So far the Japanese have given the world grown men playing children's card games, cafes where you can rent a friend (or parent), and highly sophisticated toilets. Constantly out-doing themselves! Anyway, today I learned that they also have "sleep concerts." This has been going on for a while apparently, but I wasn't aware, so I did a little bit of research on this... that is, I googled it and am now sharing my fascinating findings. You're welcome.
According to the BBC sleep concerts involve "rows and rows of exhausted salary men" who "cheerfully snore while the musicians play." This sounds great already.
The Japan Times adds that "concert venues have 300 'good sleep seats' prepared. Ticket holders are given pillows, blankets and slippers to feel comfortable."

Amazing. Further love for Japan.

No comments: