Sunday, April 5, 2009

art history nerdz

I was pretty convinced that Lost's Jorge Garcia's blog was the most hilariously disturbing thing in the world (second only to Michael K) but then I found the truly fabulous pumpkin he'd carved of Goya's Saturn Devouring His Children. This gets a hearty thumbs up from me. Sadly, the art history cake we decorated did not turn out as well. Personally, I thought it was great, but we lost out to Girl With A Pearl Earring (wtf) and only won a prize for "least appetizing." Whateva. They clearly don't know what great art is.

P.S. The BBC series "The Private Life of a Masterpiece" is turning out to be pretty great and I highly recommend the episode on Goya's 3rd of May, 1808. Tonight we watched Le Moulin de la Galette (Renoir), Sunflowers (Van Gogh), and La Grande Jatte (Seuart). They were all quite good, though I completely disagree that Sunflowers the the "most well known painting in Britain" and I was also disappointed they didn't show the scene from Ferris Bueller!

No comments: